Travel and Lodging
Lodging has been secured for you in Corvallis and in Newport.
Program Lodging in Corvallis
2500 SW Western Blvd
Corvallis, OR 97333
Your hotel reservation will be based on the arrival date you give when you register.
If you are arriving on Sunday, check-in is available anytime after 3:00pm. Your room and tax will be direct-billed to the conference. A credit card will be requested for incidentals and will not be charged unless you purchase items or services and put them on your room. Sunday evening I will host a gathering at 7:00pm in the hotel lobby, for those who that have arrived by that time.
If you choose to arrive on Monday, please arrive by 7:30 in Peavy 129. You may check into the hotel on Monday after class.
09/10/2023 through 09/15/2023: Lodging will be at the Hilton Garden Inn, Corvallis, Oregon. Breakfast is provided in the lobby of the Hilton Garden Inn. In the morning on Friday, September 15, enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then check-out of your room. That evening, you will have a room on the coast.
Coast Field Trip:
09/15/2023 through 09/17/2023: Newport, Oregon. See the Field Trip page for more information.
When you arrive back to the Hilton Garden Inn on Sunday evening you will need to check-in for the week.
09/17/2023 through 09/22/2023: Lodging at the Hilton Garden Inn, Corvallis, Oregon. Thursday, September 21 is the last hotel night, the course ends at noon on Friday, September 22.
Getting to Corvallis
Driving Directions from I-5:
- From I-5 take Exit 228
- Turn west onto Highway 34 toward Corvallis/Newport, continue on OR34 for about 10 miles.
- Turn left onto OR 34 Bypass/Corvallis-Newport Highway toward Philomath/Newport/Reser Stadium.
- Continue on OR34 for about 2 miles, turn right on 26th St., the Hilton Garden is on your right at the corner with Western Blvd.
- To get to the Peavy Forest Science Center from the hotel, head west on Western to 30th St., turn right and continue to Washington Way and make a left.
- Parking is available for federal rigs behind the US Forest Service PNW Research Station.
- Non-government rigs will need a campus parking permit.
- That said, it is a ten-minute walk to Peavy from the hotel, and we will have a van to shuttle anyone who wants a ride.
All campus parking requires purchasing a permit, see instructions below.
Flying into Portland:
Flying into Portland (PDX) is typically the most cost effective option with the most available flights, and there is a dependable shuttle service run by Groome Transportation to get you to Corvallis (the Hilton Garden Inn). RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED for Shuttles!
Portland International Airport (PDX) is the nearest international airport located 1.5 hours North of Corvallis.
Shuttle Service: Groome Transportation service is available from the Portland International Airport (PDX) and will take you directly to the OSU campus. Reservations are required and can be made online or by phone at (877) 693-3785.
Rental Cars: Go here to find out what rental cars are available at the Portland International Airport.
Eugene (EUG) is the closest airport located 45 minutes south of Corvallis with convenient connections to Seattle, San Francisco and Denver.
Shuttle Service: Groome Transportation service is available from the Eugene Airport (EUG) and will take you between the OSU campus (Hilton Garden Inn) and the Eugene Airport. Reservations are required and can be made online or by phone at (877) 693-3785.
Rental Cars: Go here to find out what rental cars are available at the Eugene Airport.
- Parking is free at the hotel, and you likely won’t need your vehicle on campus. If you drive to Peavy, parking is available for federal rigs behind the US Forest Service PNW Research Station.
- Non-government rigs will need an OSU campus parking permit.
- Parking permits are required Monday-Friday, 7:00am – 5:00pm.
- We recommend purchasing a visitor permit online ahead of time. You will need to provide the license plate number and other required vehicle information. A pass for multiple days can be purchased in a single transaction.
- ORDER A PARKING PERMIT ONLINE HERE.
- Hourly and daily parking permits can also be purchased from one of the many onsite
pay stations on campus.
CLICK HERE for additional information about Transit & Parking Services at Oregon State University.
Breakfast is included with your lodging. Other meals will be provided through catering and meal cards.
Full List of Campus Dining Options.